A message from Douglas Wade of Wade’s Dairy:
Hello Friends & Business acquaintances,
Believe it or not, I’m beginning to feel my age as I prepare my body and psyche my mind for a punishing 100 mile bicycle ride through the hills of Connecticut to raise money for the CT Challenge on Saturday, July 29th. This is my tenth and possibly final year (I’m not getting any younger) to make some serious money in support of cancer survivors. What an amazing event that brings more than 1,000 people (many of whom are cancer survivors) who will be riding along side me. The primary revenue source for the Mission Center for Survivors located in Southport, CT. Please show me the “old man” sympathy vote and support my efforts to benefit cancer survivors by making a donation in any amount that your spirit moves you to make.
Here’s a link to make a donation (it’s quick & easy): https://ctchallenge.donordrive.com/participant/Milkman
You can also mail in a check to my business address made out to: CT Challenge.
Here are the programs that your donation supports:
- The MissionCenter for Survivors is a cutting edge wellness center and incubator of best practices in Southport, CT
- Community outreach including exercise, training and yoga workshops and classes offered in local communities
- College scholarships for young cancer survivors
- Summer camp experience for childhood cancer survivors
- Experiential adventure retreats for young adult survivors
- Speaker Series: educational, cultural and awareness-raising events
- Innovative website: educating, motivating and guiding cancer survivors to reclaim their lives through healthy, empowered choices. Visited by people in 50 states and 80 countries
- Pilot research projects
- Educating nursing students about how to help survivors post acute care
- Mobile mammography services in underserved areas
The CT Challenge was started by Jeff Keith who lost a leg to cancer and endured eighteen months of chemotherapy when he was just twelve years old. Jeff was fitted with a prosthetic leg and went onto excel in High school and college sports. Jeff was a very successful businessman, but he felt a strong desire to help others who have survived cancer. He thereafter set a goal of running across the United States to bring attention to the needs of cancer survivors. His passion for achievement and living life to its fullest potential gives cancer survivors true hope that they can also reach for the stars.
Many thanks to all who have contributed to this great cause.